Dr. Oleg attended the Bellevue School District, graduating from Bellevue High School, he attended University of Washington, graduating with his Bachelors of Science in Biology, and finally the University of Washington, School of Dentistry, leading his colleagues as Class President all four years. Dr. Oleg is a true King County native who is fluent in Russian and enjoys practicing his Spanish. Even before he attended Dental School, Dr. Oleg helped start and subsequently manage a free dental clinic in Northgate, WA, that provided the uninsured and low-income residents of King County with a safety net for their dental needs.
By attending three continuing education groups a month, Dr. Oleg makes it his obligation to be able to provide the latest research that could benefit his patients, not only in dentistry, but also in overall health and well being. He passes on his knowledge and dedication to learning by teaching as Affiliate Faculty in the Oral Medicine Department at the University of Washington School of Dentistry.
Dr. Oleg has gone above and beyond the minimum requirements of continuing education for a dentist, with hundreds of hours in advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, root canal therapy, periodontal therapy, dental implants, kids’ dentistry, TMJ disorders, orthodontics (Invisalign), sleep apnea and pediatric dentistry.
Dr. Oleg is a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- Washington State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- University of Washington Dental Alumni Association
- American Dental Education Association
During his free time, Dr. Oleg enjoys golfing, camping, snowboarding, trying new restaurants and watching movies. He recently started cycling and mushroom hunting and is always interested in hearing about new interesting hobbies and restaurants to try!
Growing up locally in King County, Dr. Oleg Shvartsur highly values community involvement and helping those less fortunate. Whenever he has the time, he volunteers with local organizations in teaching about oral health care and providing free dental work to those that need it.
Dr. Oleg has given back to the following organization and continues to help whenever time allows:
- Seattle Kidney Fair with Medical Teams International
- University of Washington, Oral Medicine, Affiliate Faculty
- Boys & Girls Club, Rainier Vista, Affiliate Faculty and Volunteer Dental Provider
- Lecturing at the University of Washington Dental School
- Puget Sound Dental Clinic Volunteer Dental Provider
- Teaching students at Cougar Ridge about dental decay and gum disease
- Give Kids A Smile Day, Volunteer Dental Provider
- Tutoring kids at King County Library in Redmond
- Taking a trip to Eastern Washington with UW’s Dental Education in Care of Persons with Disabilities (DECOD) to provide dental care to patients with mental and physical disabilities
- Providing advice and lecturing to students in Project H.O.P.E. (Health Occupations Preparatory Experience)